I didn’t care for Romney when he ran in the last presidential Republican primary and I don’t really care for him now. He’s so bland.
Well, maybe that’s not so bad. The left has tried to make much of his cold capitalist ways and his lack of hipness. They waste their time and squander what little political capital they’ve been able to muster. The truth is that whatever Romney lacks in eliciting excitement, their guy, Mr. O elicits monumental disdain. No matter how they try to spin his record, Obama’s only real agenda has been to “make the rich pay their fair share.”
He has made no progress creating jobs, his energy policy has produced neither safer or greener energy in any meaningful quantity while his administration has worked diligently to hamstring all the current energy production. He seems to think there is no consequence to piling on debt at a pace no past president could have even conceived
They try to pose him as a moderate, but no one with eyes to see is fooled.
Romney may be “cold,” but he’s mature. He is NOT an ideologue. He is pragmatic and knows how it is that the real world works.
I think Romney’s strength may prove to be in the better management of our trade and diplomatic relations. I don’t see him rushing into any armed conflict, but I’ll bet when it comes to treaties with our trading partners, he’ll write deals much more favorable to America than any recent President. I think that’s his nature. I could be overly optimistic, but our county’s founders had great faith in the “diplomacy” of trade. It just may be that we could see a better economy for ourselves, more respect on the world stage with a trade policy run by a capitalist.
- Romney Campaign: “We’ll Get Back to You on That” (nvrdc.wordpress.com)
- Yet Another Mercantilist-Cronyist (But I Repeat Myself) (cafehayek.com)
- Marcia Dawkins: Racial Passing and the Real Mitt Romney (huffingtonpost.com)
- Herman Cain courts Romney in pitch for vice president (lameducks.wordpress.com)
- Romney must dig out of a hole – national poll (seattlepi.com)
- Obama Campaign Releases Romney’s ‘Severely Conservative’ Hits: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Romney Wins Illinois; Conservatives Yawn (markamerica.com)
- Blacks Nowhere in Romney’s Orbit? (theroot.com)